Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Woke up again without my bride, that’s three in a row and I only have one more to go then I’ll be heading to Louisiana to get my bride and bring her back to Texas with me. This week doesn’t seem to be changing very much. Gina is working in her garden and I go to work. I’m not sure how long I could handle this. I used to be able to do this with ease but that was when it was part of my chosen profession. It’s just not what we want to do anymore. The highlight of the day for me was calling “The Last Resort” in Rockport and made reservations for April 9th. Gina & I are going down there for three days to visit with John & Brenda. I hope no one takes this as complaining but Gina and I have spent a lot of time between Rockport and Aransas Pass and the nightly rate of 40 dollars is high for around there. I’m not sure what all this park has there but I was a little shocked when I heard the price since the most I have ever paid was 30 dollars a night down there. I then went online and searched the area and it looks like the average is 25 to 30 dollars. Now I know that some of those campgrounds and parks are pretty run down but we are going down there to see John and Brenda and it gave me some practice comparing campgrounds in a certain area. Some you are thinking, didn’t ya’ll just see them three weeks ago in Kerrville. Yes, we did, but we enjoyed there company so much that we got the site right next to them and as I said previously Gina & I really love the area around Rockport.
I left work at 4 o’clock today since there wasn’t much going on after 3 o’clock and my ride home was leaving then and I wasn’t about to walk 16 miles to get home. There were some things I wanted to do on my truck so it worked out well by leaving work earlier than normal. First, I went up to the office and paid the campground for another month. Then I worked on making sure my freezer was going to work off the inverter and then routed the electrical cable inside the cab. Normally I do not worry about the freezer since I never go longer than 12 hours without connecting to power. However, tomorrow it’ll be close to 18 hours and I just don’t want to take a chance with the meat inside of it. After that I worked on the armrest on the driver’s seat since it broke in Kerrville and then it broke again last weekend. I have ordered new seats so I was not looking for a permanent fix just something that I could rest my arm on until the new seats come in. I saved the hardest job for last which was crawling under the truck to see why the side fairings were vibrating so much. There was a bolt missing so I put one in for now but it will need something else to hold it better. That completed the things I wanted to do. Now I have the must do items, clean up our home so when Gina comes back on Sunday she will be happy that I kept it clean. By this time I’m getting hungry so I fixed leftovers and ate.
After dinner I relaxed by playing around with the blog and learning how to do certain things. I watched a few short videos that Jim & Chris Guld have available on their website Geeks On Tour. They have a member sign up plan which I did when they first started it but never needed the info but they’re fulltime RV’ers and as most fulltimers any money is nice and I thought I might someday need help with computers or the internet so I joined. Anyway check out their site. I also added music to our blog from playlist.com. They have a lot of songs to choose from. It’s not like I wanted music in our blog but more of I wanted to see if I could do it.
Gina called me around 9 o’clock to say she was inside for the night and that she was getting in the tub to relax. She then told me some bad news that she had dropped her brand new Iphone and cracked the glass screen. I told her, “It’s nothing but a thing”. I think she was just upset at herself for dropping it and considering that she just got it and her last Iphone was broke for two months before it was replaced. There are some things that get to me but Gina breaking her new Iphone is not one of them. Now I have to confess that Thomas had already called me and told me that she was upset because she broke her Iphone so I was prepared for when she told me. Either way things like that really do not bother me since I know she didn’t do it on purpose. I think after that we spoke one last time around 10 o’clock to tell each other good night. I want have to sleep by myself tomorrow night (yee-haw)
I promise to have some pictures tomorrow since I’ll be able to see what Gina has been doing these past few days. It’s so much nicer to have pictures in the blog plus it seems like you don’t have to write as much.
One last item, I wanted to provide an update on my son-in-law’s grandfather. He had his heart valve replacement surgery and only spent two days in ICU before he was moved into a regular room. He stayed in there for 4 days and is now in a rehab facility for a few more days and then he should be back at home sometime next week. His body has recovered unbelievably considering he’s 85 years old. Gina & I thank you all for the prayers.
Until tomorrow, Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed each one us with.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We stayed there for four days in March and thought that the price is high for what they have to offer. I wrote it off because it was spring break.
ReplyDeleteThe area in the back (where JB is) is brand new, with new concrete and grass. The Wifi worked reasonably well, and the cable TV was adequate. The bath house is up by the office, and the laundry is dismal. Yea about $30 would be right, but they are spending it on improvements pretty fast so what the heck.
Rod