April 7, 2009
I slept in a little this morning and I feel a lot better than yesterday but Gina was still feeling pretty sick so she stayed in bed again today. I did get to work for 8 o’clock this morning. I expected a slow day which for the most part it was. I got home around six this evening and fixed Gina some something to eat and then got online. Ashley, our daughter had sent me an email earlier today saying that she liked what Gina had done with the Garden and liked the pictures of the wedding. I replied back to her that I would get online tonight so we could video chat. My son-in-law’s parents are flying down to Grenada tomorrow to spend a week with them during spring break. I got Gina in trouble with my daughter because she has been on Gina to quit drinking diet sodas and I wrote in the blog yesterday that I went to the store to get her some root beer. I guess I’ll have to watch what I write so Gina can stay out of trouble. She wasn’t really in trouble but she couldn’t deny it when Ashley asked her about it either. It was worth a good laugh for all of us.
I wanted to post a picture of a flower that Gina had planted in the Garden back in November of last year. She is so proud of this flower.
| From Photo's 23 Mar - 4 April |
Now let me explain. The flower is called an amaryllis. It's a pretty flower but this flower you see here has some history to it. Gina received it from Aunt Nell’s garden. She received it from her Mother’s garden and then her mother received from her mother. This specific flower was first planted sometime around 1920 and now Gina has a piece of it. I'm sure one day she will pass it on to Nicole or Ashley since Aunt Nell doesn’t have a daughter. Both she and Uncle Jim treat Gina as though she was their daughter. Gina and I find it interesting to know that there is a living item that has this kind of heritage.
This area of the garden is comprised of only flowers and plants from Aunt Nell’s garden.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for Gina. She is supposed to go get a manicure and pedicure so that should make her feel better for sure. We will get our home ready to travel so we can get on the road Thursday morning heading for Rockport, Texas. It was another good day Gina was still under the weather but I’m getting better.
Until tomorrow, Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed each one us with.

Feel better Gina! Those pedicures are just wonderful aren't they. I had one yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThe flower is truly beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow!! No word of a lie, the flower is beautiful. That is amazing that it has lasted that long.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job!
Hope Gina is feeling better.