Sunday
July 12, 2009
First, Gina and I would like to say thank you to everyone with their congratulations and best wishes. We are so excited about getting on the road. We will not be able to really get on the road until about September 15th. We want to spend some time with our children before our youngest daughter goes back to medical school on August 12th and our son graduates from Marine Corps boot camp on September 4th. However, being a full timer will allow us to spend time with them.
This morning was another wonderful morning. We woke up around 8:30 and enjoyed our coffee in bed together watching the news on TV. We finally got up and went outside to have our second cup. Gina was working a word find puzzle and I was online reading blogs. It feels so different for us. Even though we were not really talking to each other we felt so close by just being in the same place. Gina and I hope we feel the same way as Mike & Pat McFall after 14 years of full timing. Mike said it feels like they just got started. If you don’t know them you need to check out their blog Mike & Pat McFall. They're a wonderful couple and have a tremendous amount of knowledge about full time RV living.
We finally made it inside around noon since Gina had an idea about printing our blog out day by day and sending it to Thomas in boot camp. Now that should have been an easy task. However, we had multiple days on one entry. In an effort to get it straight Gina had the scissor’s cutting each day out to keep them in order. I realized that it would be easier if I just cut and paste each day into a word document and then print it out. Gina had our blog all over the floor trying to get it arranged. Thomas always loved reading our blog and when I didn’t post an entry in the morning he would start texting me wanting to know what was up. So I hope he enjoys catching up on the blog. I so glad that Gina came up with the idea of printing the blog out since it never crossed my mind.
We finally got all sixty-nine pages stapled and arranged just the way Gina wanted them. As we were finishing, it was getting to be dinner time and we both wanted homemade pizza. Now there’s a story here. Last week Gina made a pizza and the crust was not crispy. We both like thin and crispy pizza crust. I recommended to her that we should use the gas oven and she wanted to use the convection oven. In a matter of two or three minutes we both agreed to a little competition on which oven would make the best crust but really it was who could make the best thin and crispy crust.July 12, 2009
First, Gina and I would like to say thank you to everyone with their congratulations and best wishes. We are so excited about getting on the road. We will not be able to really get on the road until about September 15th. We want to spend some time with our children before our youngest daughter goes back to medical school on August 12th and our son graduates from Marine Corps boot camp on September 4th. However, being a full timer will allow us to spend time with them.
This morning was another wonderful morning. We woke up around 8:30 and enjoyed our coffee in bed together watching the news on TV. We finally got up and went outside to have our second cup. Gina was working a word find puzzle and I was online reading blogs. It feels so different for us. Even though we were not really talking to each other we felt so close by just being in the same place. Gina and I hope we feel the same way as Mike & Pat McFall after 14 years of full timing. Mike said it feels like they just got started. If you don’t know them you need to check out their blog Mike & Pat McFall. They're a wonderful couple and have a tremendous amount of knowledge about full time RV living.
We finally made it inside around noon since Gina had an idea about printing our blog out day by day and sending it to Thomas in boot camp. Now that should have been an easy task. However, we had multiple days on one entry. In an effort to get it straight Gina had the scissor’s cutting each day out to keep them in order. I realized that it would be easier if I just cut and paste each day into a word document and then print it out. Gina had our blog all over the floor trying to get it arranged. Thomas always loved reading our blog and when I didn’t post an entry in the morning he would start texting me wanting to know what was up. So I hope he enjoys catching up on the blog. I so glad that Gina came up with the idea of printing the blog out since it never crossed my mind.
Well, her pizza looked the best but my crust was thin and crispy and that was the contest. Our little competition wasn’t really fair since I have been making homemade pizza at home for the past twenty plus years. After dinner we set back and watched “Cold Case” and “Army Wives”. We both decided that it was time for bed. I know we didn’t really do much today but it was nice to compete and win our little contest. Gina even admitted that I won!!LOL We had another great and relaxing day.
Until tomorrow, Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

You are so lucky to be married to a woman that will admit that you won....Sherri would have found some reason how I cheated!! HE HE... She is not a good loser and I never win so we don't have too many contest. Keep up the post enjoy reading.
ReplyDeleteRollie---It doesn't make any difference whether it is pizza cooking or underwater basket weaving, you have to let her win at least 75% of the time. Just a guy thing I guess.HE HE----Best of luck to you guys.
ReplyDeleteMAC
Welcome to the road. It is a great life, just keep those wheels arolling.....Congrats
ReplyDelete