Wednesday
September 23, 2009
I woke up this morning and while the coffee was brewing I jumped online and read my email and all the blogs that I follow. Gina was waking up by this time and we fixed our coffee and went outside to enjoy some very nice 63 degree weather.
We were soaking up the cool breeze and commenting on what a wonderful change from our usually humid and hot temperatures we have in Louisiana. The days here have been so gorgeous that we have actually had our windows up and not even needing to use our AC at night. I started writing our blog entry for the past two days and then I realized that my last entry was my one hundredth entry. WOW !!!! I was writing when Gina called Sherri to let her know that she would be cooking chili tonight. After I got the blog posted Gina jumped online to read blogs and while she was reading Joe & Sherri’s blog she found out that Sherri just cooked chili last night. So Sherri being the polite person she is didn’t tell Gina that they just had chili last night. Gina decided to change the menu and make some Gumbo along with a blackberry cobbler. She then told Joe that via Facebook that she was doing this and he said “hey we’re Texan's we eat chili all the time”. Gina replied back to him “you maybe a Texan but I’ll give you some Cajun Cuisine”. Now that we had the meal planned for tonight I got to boiling some chicken. Once the chicken was done I cranked up our truck and headed over to Mike and Leslie’s. They climbed up into the truck and we were off to Wal-mart. I picked up an HDMI cable which I had forgot to get yesterday when we were at Wal-mart. We then headed back home so Gina could finish her Gumbo.
Around six o’clock Joe called and told us that Sherri was still not off from work. He told us that we should go ahead and eat since it would be at least eight o’clock before they would be arriving. With that information we all dug in and ate some fantastic chicken & sausage Gumbo.
We then moved out by the campfire to stay warm. Around eight o’clock Sherri called and said that they would be here at nine o’clock. A little before nine o’clock we all went inside to enjoy some blackberry cobbler topped with ice cream. Just as we were finishing our dessert Joe and Sherri arrived. Gina heated up some Gumbo for them and topped it off with her blackberry cobbler over ice cream.
After they finished eating we all went back outside to enjoy the campfire.
Here We Are Enjoying Our Campfire
I'm Playing In The Fire & Sherri Must Be Looking For A Falling Star
We were having so much fun that we all forgot about the time until we all realized that it was after eleven o’clock. Since Sherri had to get up in the morning and go to work we all said our goodbyes. We had another wonderful day of making memories with fellow RV-Dream’ers.
Thursday
September 24, 2009
We woke up a little late, like 8:30 in the morning. By the time we finished our coffee it was after ten o’clock. Gina called Joe to see if he wanted to ride with us to Sam’s. Then she called Leslie to see if they wanted to go too. After we got dressed we walked over to our neighbors and gave them some Gumbo since they were so nice to give us some firewood for our fire last night. We then headed over to pick up Mike & Leslie and Joe. Now we were on our way to Sam’s warehouse.
We picked up a few items that we needed along with another 4 foot table that had adjustable legs. We left there and since there was a Wal-mart next to Sam’s Gina decided to walk over there while Mike, Leslie, Joe and I walked over to the Sprint store. Leslie wanted to get an air card so she could get online. While we were there we found out that Leslie was underage and couldn’t sign a contract. LOL!! Finally, after she convinced the person on the phone that the information they had on her was incorrect and that she was of age they let her buy an air card. Now we were off to catch up with Gina at Wal-mart. Gina still had a little shopping left to do so Mike and Leslie ate lunch at Mickey D’s and me and Joe went to find Gina. We got checked out and then we all headed back to the truck. Once we got back home Gina started cooking taco soup. I guess last night Gina convinced Leslie and Sherri that she would cook again tonight. To say that Gina loves to cook and entertain is an understatement. I called Joe to see if I could use his blue boy again and low and behold they were back at Wal-mart. Gina got everything set up outside at about the same time Mike & Leslie arrived. When Joe & Sherri arrived I learned that Sherri had to go back to Wal-mart to make me some special banana pudding without bananas. She realized in the middle of making her dessert that I do not like bananas and she told Joe that they couldn’t come over with a dessert that I didn’t like. Once Joe & Sherri arrived we blessed the food and dug right into some very delicious taco soup with all the fixin’s while we all sat around a nice campfire.
(Life Is Great)
Gina then served up Sherri’s banana pudding along with some very special non-banana “banana pudding” for me. I cannot say for sure that the banana pudding was good but my special non-banana “banana pudding” was great!! Thanks Sherri. We continued sitting around the campfire telling more stories. I think all this fun we have been having was catching up with all of us since around 9:30 we all looked at each other and could tell we were all tired and ready to catch up on our sleep. However, before Sherri and Leslie could say goodbye, the girls had decided that we would meet at Joe & Sherri's for an Italian dinner tomorrow night. So with today's fun ending and tomorrow's fun planned we said our goodbyes to each other and everyone headed home. Gina and I enjoyed another wonderful day with friends and look forward to tomorrow.
Until tomorrow, Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

From the photos we can tell you are having a most wonderful time!! I am enjoying both yours and Speedy's blog----and the photos too!!! It's funny you guys do the same thing but you both have a different perspective. Tell Mike and Leslie they need a blog too!!
ReplyDeleteWish I was there!!
Jenny J
I am glad Speedy didn't wear his dress with his dumping attire....I don't think this poor old lady's heart could have stood it.