October 20, 2009
I had all intentions of getting up at seven o’clock this morning and dumping our tanks before they came to get our home to adjust our slide. However, it didn’t happen. We have been staying up way too late and last night was no exception. We did get up at eight o’clock and made the rig ready for travel. We only had to go a few hundred yards but the process is still the same. We got hitched up and were dumping our tanks by a little after nine o’clock. We dropped our home back off and let Curtis know that he could come and get it at anytime. We hung out in the truck for a couple of hours discussing what we were going to do today. Finally we decided to drive 30 miles west to Phillipsburg and see if we could find other pie flavors from the Village Pie Maker. We got there around noon and went to the first place which was a small grocery store. However, they didn’t have any different flavors so off to the other business which was a slaughter house / meat locker. They had all of the flavors so we ended up buying three pies, one blackberry, one cran apple walnut and one rhubarb pie. We also bought two thick sliced hickory smoked ham steaks. The weather was beautiful so we decided to walk through town and visit all the small shops. We found a small shop that still hand spins different textile materials, such as llama hair, sheep’s wool. They were not spinning anything today but they had a lot of neat items for sale. We didn’t find anything that we couldn’t live without but the conversation with the owner was very informative. After we left there we continued walking and talking to the different people in all the stores until my stomach was telling me it was time to eat something. We left there around 3:30 and headed back toward Smith Center. We stopped at a park west of town and decided to eat the remaining leftover taco soup. Instead of using the microwave I took out our Coleman stove and heated the soup up while Gina got everything else ready. We were the only people in the park so we just let Angel and Zoey run loose. They really enjoyed their freedom by running and playing.
(Nice & Quiet Little Park)
We finally decided to head over the Excel’s service center and do some laundry. Around 5:30 we walked over to the manufacturing plant to see if our home was brought back outside. It wasn’t outside and we started looking for Curtis since all the workers were gone. We found him and he said that he thought we were going to sleep in our truck. I told him that we could do that but that we didn’t prepare to sleep in it. Really we just needed to grab our coffee pot and clothes. Also Gina wanted to hook up our satellite so I grabbed the DirecTV receiver. We then took the truck over to the service center and got all hooked up. I then started to setup the satellite and then realized that our TV in the truck doesn’t have an HDMI connection. Oops ?? I cannot get back into our home so we decided to unhook the truck and go down to Alco which is like a really small (like real small) Wal-mart. I picked up a cheap audio / video cable and headed back to the service center. I started connecting the receiver up and could not get the TV to see the receiver. After about 30 minutes with no luck and it was almost nine o’clock at night I just gave up on trying. We finished up our laundry and Gina watched a little TV in the customer lounge until a little after ten o’clock. They leave the lounge and bathrooms open all night for everyone that is getting their RV repaired. Anyway we were getting tired so we just decided to call it a night.
Wednesday
October 21, 2009
I woke up a little after eight o’clock and put our coffee on. While it was brewing I walked over to the plant and went inside our home and grabbed an S-Video cable and walked back to the truck. I fixed Gina and I a cup of coffee and then connected the receiver to the TV using the S-video cable and within a minute Gina was watching DirecTV and enjoying her morning coffee. I then took Angel and Zoey outside and realized that right next to our electrical receptacle was a cable connection. Talk about feeling dumb. Oh well, Gina has her DirecTV and she’s happy. The wind started blowing and it started to rain around ten o’clock this morning. We knew the rain was coming which is why Gina wanted her DirecTV. She said she wouldn’t be able to handle sitting inside the truck with nothing to do. We both finally made it to the bathrooms and took a shower. We didn’t have anything to do today nor did we want to get out in the cold and rain. Around one o’clock Bryan stopped by our truck and offered us a car to use if we needed to go anywhere and that way we wouldn’t need to unhook our truck. That was very nice of him and I took him up on the offer. I must admit that since we arrived here at Excel they have treated us like family. Around 4:30 we were getting hungry and it was still very nasty outside so we decided to just go out and eat dinner. Being that Smith Center is a small town there is really not much to choose from so Pizza Hut will have to do. Since Pizza Hut is located right next to Alco she wanted to go in and look around. While Gina was shopping Bryan (President of Excel) found us and asked us if we wanted to have dinner with him tonight. We had to decline since we had just eaten. That is what I’m talking about. Excel is like one big family. We finally left Alco and headed to our truck for the night. Gina got the truck ready for sleeping while I took Angel and Zoey outside. We were both kicked back in bed watching TV until we lost reception. That’s not a good sign. I looked outside and everything seemed fine but apparently the wind must have moved the satellite dish. I tried for about five minutes to get it back. However, between the cold, wind, and rain it wasn’t happening tonight. Since we lost DirecTV I went back outside and connected cable to the truck. I finally got the cable working but trying to do things in bad weather can make a very simple job extremely difficult. After I got dried off I got in bed with Gina and we both watched TV for a little while. Not an exciting day since the weather turned really nasty today. They are forecasting snow for tomorrow. We are both ready for a little warmer weather.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

No comments:
Post a Comment