Friday,
November 13, 2009
We both woke up early this morning and neither one of us knew why. I got the coffee brewing and once it finished brewing we fixed a cup and went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather together. The weather has been perfect each morning here and we have really enjoyed the cool mornings. I did finally sit down and write an entry for our blog. I know that it wasn’t much but we really have just relaxed since we arrived here in south Texas. While I was writing Gina fried some bacon and fixed me a bacon sandwich. We didn’t have any plans for today since I was waiting on FedEx to deliver a package today from the 3G store. We have wanted a wireless router along with an external antenna and amplifier for awhile. We would have ordered it sooner. However, we have not been in one location long enough. A little after two o’clock I checked on the status and somehow the zip code got turned around and it wouldn’t be delivered today since it was sitting in Round Rock, Texas. Gina went inside and baked some little sausages wrapped in crescent rolls to take over to Mike & Pats for our happy hour. Gina and I really enjoy the happy hour here because we socialize for an hour and then we go home and eat. Tonight we had invited Rocky & Sheri over for dinner. The menu for tonight was filet mignon wrapped in bacon, baked potatoes with bacon, cheese & sour cream, and hot Italian bread. We visited with them while we waited on the potatoes to bake. When they were almost done I lit the grill and put the steaks on. The food was excellent. After we let our food digest a little Gina served each of us a slice of her homemade chocolate pie. We enjoyed the fellowship with this fine couple who are doing great things for Jesus Christ. We're looking forward to going over to Mexico with them on Monday to see some of the work their ministry has done the past few years. If you want to read and see what they are doing I encourage you to go to their website: www.heromakers.org and add them to your daily prayer time. Below is their ministry’s philosophy:
Hero Makers enables and inspires ordinary people to do extraordinary things through first-hand field experience aiding children at risk. HERO Makers provides an opportunity for people to share with others the experience of being a HERO through short-term missions; thereby each HERO becomes a "HERO Maker" as well.
Around nine o’clock they left and we said good night to them and we then just relaxed for the night.
Saturday
November 14, 2009
I woke up at five o’clock this morning. Gina continued sleeping until six o’clock. I brought her a cup of coffee to enjoy in bed. She had a big day planned with Dale, Pat and Sheri. They were leaving this morning at 8:30 for the flea market for a day of shopping. I didn’t have anything planned other than getting the inside of our truck cleaned out. After I finished with the truck I went inside and surfed the internet trying to figure out what makes one solar panel better than other ones. I read a lot of information. However, I’m not sure that I understood everything I read. I called Thomas a few times to talk to him. Gina got back home around two o’clock. She found a lot of neat stuff but she didn’t buy anything. However, she had a catch to not buying anything. She decided that we would go to the flea market tomorrow so she could show me everything she found. Stay tuned since I'm sure we'll be bringing something home. We sat outside for a little while then went for a bike ride. While we were out bike riding we stopped at Larry & Linda’s house for happy hour today. We left there a little after five o’clock to go home. We were having homemade pizza tonight. I began grating cheese and ham while Gina fried sausage. I rolled the dough out and Gina placed the ingredients on each pizza. The pizza hit the spot and tasted great. We then sat back in our recliners watching a new movie on the Hallmark channel called “Flower Girl”. It was a cute love story / fairy tale kind of movie. After the movie ended we called it a night and went to bed. We are enjoying our time down here doing a little of nothing other than relaxing.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well appears you both are enjoying life to the fullest! We are having fun up here in Shreveport. Mike and Leslie will be leaving for Mississippi today and we will miss them. We are headed to Marksville for the Thanksgiving Holiday and then on to Lafayette for a week. Take care and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteHey guy,,nice blog,,,NO pictures of FOOD<<< I like that!!!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I DO read your Bloggg. Now I'm waiting for another Post,,,gosh, its Wed already.....
See ya at 4.......