Monday, November 23, 2009
Movie Time & Solving a Mystery
Friday
November 20, 2009
I woke up this morning to a dreary day. The weather forecast for today was rain and it looked like it would pour at anytime. First priority this morning was to get our blog updated. Once Gina woke up I fixed us both a cup of coffee and even though it was overcast we sat outside enjoying the birds chirping. We both wanted to go see the new movie “The Blind Side” today. We were trying to make the 11:45 show time. However, by the time we both had our showers and was dressed it was raining. We decided to put off the movie today. Gina heated up some of her homemade stew for lunch. It tasted even better today. Now we had made a plan yesterday to go to the movies and then go to the mall and Sam’s warehouse. Since we had already decided to skip the movie I kind of thought we would just hang out at home today. Plus my truck was clean and I didn't want to drive in the rain. However, Gina had a different plan. She didn’t want to just sit around today at home. She finally convinced me to leave with the bribe that she would wash my truck. Yea right, that will not happen but you have to keep your woman happy. She did at least wait for the rain to stop before we left. We were heading to the mall to look around. At least that is what I call it but girls call it shopping. We didn’t need anything. However, I think Gina was having shopping withdrawals. We were both surprised at how big and nice the mall was for being down here. We got some frozen yogurt to enjoy while we walked through the mall. We did buy Thomas a new shirt from Express so he would have a new shirt for Thanksgiving. When he left back in September he only took two civilian shirts with him and he said one of those got ripped. He has a lot of clothes back at our house in Louisiana but he will not be able to get those until he flies back to Louisiana for Christmas. Once we left the mall we headed for HEB to buy a turkey. They have them on sale for 40 cents a pound. We were going to go to Sam’s but decided against it today since it was already six o’clock. Once we got our turkey we looked for a few more items and then checked out. When we walked out of HEB we about froze. The temperature was in the fifty’s. We made it back home around 7:30. Gina heated up some stew for dinner while I wrote some emails. We both sat back in our recliners to watch TV after we ate and then around ten o’clock we called it a night.
Saturday
November 21, 2009
I had trouble sleeping last night and then around five o’clock I just decided to get up and put coffee on. I turned on the weather to see what the day had in store for us. It was currently 53 degrees and the forecast called for a high of 79 with clear skies. I do believe that it will be a gorgeous day. Once the coffee finished brewing I fixed myself a cup and got online surfing the internet. Gina woke up a little after eight o’clock and of course I brought her a cup of coffee. Around the same time uncle Jim called me to make sure Gina and I were still doing ok. We try to call him every week but somehow we didn’t call him last week. I guess we must have been having too much fun. My dad was over at his house having breakfast so I got to speak to him too. Around eleven o’clock we took off for the theatre. We watched “The Blind Side”. A fantastic movie and Sandra Bullock did an amazing job acting in this movie. This is a must see movie. Once we left there we went to Sam’s Warehouse and found some hot cheese and we needed to restock our supply of paper plates. I wouldn’t want to forget to tell you about the new chairs that Gina got so here is a picture of them.
From there we stopped by Wal-mart to pick up a few items that HEB didn’t have yesterday. We had to head home fast since we were going to a "Mystery" dinner party tonight up at the clubhouse that started at five o’clock. We were a few minutes late but it really didn’t begin until 5:30 so we were ok. We had never done a mystery party before so we were really excited about going. Each table worked independently to solve the crime. Without going into detail each table had to figure out who killed the chef. We had a great time trying to piece each clue together and then ultimately we were wrong. That was ok since only one table got it correct out of ten tables. It was getting cold outside and even though we were having a great time we were cold. We finally left at 8:30 and walked home very quickly. We both jumped online for a few minutes before heading to bed. We watched a fantastic movie and then finished off the day with good food and great friends.
Sunday
November 22, 2009
I woke up early again this morning, that's two days in a row that I woke up at five o'clock. I’m not sure why but I have not been able to sleep in. I made coffee and then watched the weather channel waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. I have really enjoyed a unique feature of DirecTV. On the weather channel you can input your local zip code and at any time it will give you your local weather forecast. After the coffee finished brewing I got up out of my chair and fixed a cup. That first cup tastes so good. I heard Gina waking up so I brought her a cup of coffee to enjoy. It was foggy outside this morning so we just stayed inside until the fog burnt off before we went outside. Around noon we both got cleaned up and dressed before we headed out to Academy Sports to buy a pot to fry turkeys in. I have never been into frying turkeys since Rickey, my brother-in-law always fries them while I have always smoked them. I will add that he does an outstanding job at it too. From there we went to Target. Gina was looking for some Thanksgiving theme paper plates since Wal-mart and HEB didn’t have anything. She found some she liked. From there we headed to Wal-mart so she could get a manicure. (Note: She hasn't had her nails done in seven weeks). While she was getting her nails done I hung out in the truck talking to Jack Mayer about my solar system setup. I want to say thank you to Jack for his knowledge and the patience for answering my questions. We left there and headed back home so we could still make happy hour.
We walked down to Mike & Pat’s and enjoyed happy hour and met Ron & Barb. They just arrived here this week from Dallas. They're fulltimer’s also and are hoping to sell their house soon. We then walked back home so Gina could bake some cornbread to go with our leftover stew. I love her stew but we're both glad this is the last of it. We enjoyed dinner together and then sat back in our recliners surfing the internet while we waited for “Cold Case” to come on. Gina then watched “Three Rivers” while I snoozed. We had never seen the show before and it didn’t interest me which put me right to sleep in my chair. Gina woke me up when it was over and we both went to bed.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving! This is our first visit to your blog. Glad we could be here and learn how the two of you live your RV life! And thanks for sharing Our Life on Wheels!
ReplyDelete