Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making A Lot of Progress

Gina began Tuesday morning painting the corners in the bathroom. Pop’s and I unloaded the vanity and countertop.


The Vanity coming out of the box

I then began installing the wrap around glass doors on the shower with Mom’s help.


Me & Mom installing the frame for the glass doors


Mom & Pop's seeing if the Shower is big enough for two

While Gina moved into the kitchen and living room to paint the ceiling Pop’s and I moved the vanity and countertop in place.


vanity & countertop in place


The finished look

The bathroom is looking nice. We stopped at four o’clock for our social hour and dinner. After dinner Gina went back to painting. She was able to finish living room/kitchen ceiling, the laundry room and closet walls.


Laundry room finished

While she was painting I was able to complete the vent lines and the electrical wiring on the water heater. By this time it was a little after nine o’clock and Gina and I decided to call it a night.

Wednesday found me up at four o’clock. Mom and I were going to Rapid City this morning to buy a few more items. We pulled out at five o’clock and were at Wal-mart before six. She bought a bunch of Rubbermaid containers so they could store some of their items from the Teton until they find their new motorhome. We then headed over to Lowe’s to buy a closet organizer and faucet for the bathroom sink. We made it home at eleven and were pleasantly surprised to find that Gina had finished painting the walls in the kitchen and living room. It looks fantastic.


Looking into the kitchen


Looking into the Living room

I got started on the closet organizer so Mom & Pop's would have somewhere to hang their clothes temporarily. We shouldn't be stirring up any dust so they should stay clean.


The closet ready for clothes

Around three o’clock Dave & Ute stopped by in their Smart car for a visit.


Dave & Ute


Their Smart Car, which is carried on the back of their truck

They also travel in a Volvo truck and are camping up at Sturgis for the motorcycle rally. We had a great visit and it was nice to meet them. They are heading back toward Delaware on Thursday.


Ute, Dave, Pop's, Mom, Me, & Gina
(always got to have that group picture)

After they left we all had tostadas for dinner and then called it an early night. I was asleep in our recliner by seven o'clock while Gina watched a movie. We had another wonderful day and more progress was made on Mom & Pop’s Summer Cabin.

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures Rollie, but you forgot Megabyte2.

    The progress you guys have made continues to amaze me.......But it sure PLEASES me !!!

    I can't wait to move in!

    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking great!! Gina...you are doing a terrific job with the painting. It brings the rooms to life!!
    I love the new vanity and shower.
    It is really taking shape!! :-)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching this summer cabin come together is really amazing -- you guys are all very talented!! Good work!

    Tom, Marci, Nicolas & Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the flooring going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really great guys and gals! Great job.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete