Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fun In The Desert & Celebrating Ellie's Birthday

We are having a blast here in the desert. Our days have started each morning with me starting a fire. Then Gina and I sit outside watching the sunrise.

Our View out our back window as the sun comes up

Finally around ten o’clock we decided to take a ride on our four-wheeler. We didn’t make it very far before I dropped Gina off on some hill so she could search for more special rocks. I then went riding through the desert by myself. Finally around one o’clock we made it home so Gina could begin cooking chicken & sausage gumbo for Ellie’s birthday meal.

Gina had arranged that happy hour and dinner would be at our place so we could all celebrate Ellie’s birthday together.

Everyone enjoyed some great conversation. We even had two guests. Dave that watches Emmi for Mike & Janna and Frank who is boondocking not far from here.

Jim & Ellie (the birthday girl)

Mike & Pat (aka Mom & Pop's)



Dave

Frank

Finally, around five o’clock we all ate Gina’s gumbo, Pat’s seven layer salad, Brenda’s cornbread muffin and Sylvia’s southern fried cornbread. It was now time for dessert.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIE!!
(thanks for letting us celebrate it with you)

Deb made red velvet cupcakes and Janna made a frozen margarita pie. However, first we sang Happy Birthday to Ellie while we watched her blowout her candle. Deb’s cupcakes were divine!! Janna’s pie tasted great too. It was getting late so most everyone left to go home. Since Rod & Deb and Mike & Janna stayed I decided to build a fire and we all sat around enjoying some wonderful conversation. Gina and I had a fantastic day spent with friends.


Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

4 comments:

  1. another great day..and a birthday party to 'boot'!!..we are enjoying this 'boondocking experience'..thanks for letting us tag along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems more like a culinary retreat than boondocking in the desert! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see all the couples and labelled as to who is who!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete