One of the many beautiful sunrises we see in the mornings
Desert Beauty
Looking out across the desert
It doesn't look it but that is about a two foot vertical rock climb we did on the four-wheeler
We had a great weekend of four-wheeler rides out in the desert and Gina learned to shoot a handgun for the first time.
Gina getting lessons from Janna on shooting a handgun
Janna teaching her on how to aim
After about 20 shots she was hitting the targets every time
Here's her last target, I was very proud of her.
She did great Thomas
She did great Thomas
The highlight of the weekend was a Superbowl party at Jim & Ellie’s. Jim boiled shrimp, which also included all of the fixings, sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes and onions.
Jim boiling shrimp
Doesn't look like anyone is watching TV with all that good food
There is no better way to watch the Superbowl than this
All of the food tasted wonderful and for desert Jim made a homemade pecan pie and Gina made a homemade chocolate pie. What better way to watch the Superbowl than with great friends and great food. A very special thank you to Jim & Ellie for a wonderful evening of food and fellowship. Congratulations to Green Bay on their win and being the Superbowl XLV Champions!!
Monday morning Gina and Janna went to Parker to do laundry while Mike and I went four-wheel riding. I have been trying to find a trail that would take us from our campsite over to Four Peaks since we have been here and haven’t been able to find it. Well, today Mike and I found it. A perfect day for riding in the desert. We finally made it back home and realized the girls had already made it back from Parker. Janna invited us for dinner while she was baking two pound cakes in our oven. One for her and one for us. Dinner was good. However, the pound cake with strawberries and whip cream was fantastic!! Thanks Janna, you can use our oven anytime.
Tuesday we were up early and out the door as Mike & Janna were taking us to Crystal Hill and Palm Canyon today. Both are located between Quartzite and Yuma. First stop was Crystal Hill and Gina was in Heaven. She could have spent the whole day there but she managed to pull herself away. We enjoyed a lunch of cheese & crackers and pound cake for dessert. As we were driving out we spotted some coyotes walking across the road. Mike was able to grab a photo of all three while I got out of the jeep and managed to get a pretty good close up of one of them.
A coyote in the wild
We didn’t know at the time but our highlight of the day was Palm Canyon. We love the desert but this canyon took our breath away. I was very disappointed in the pictures I took because they do not even come close to capturing the beauty of this canyon. Gina and I highly recommend that if you are ever driving on Highway 95 between Yuma and Quartzsite this is a stop you need to make. Enjoy these pictures.
Looking at Palm Canyon from a distance
Still pretty far away but very impressive
At the entrance of Palm Canyon
It looked like a stairway to Heaven
A close up shot of "Stairway to Heaven"
A single Palm tree growing in a crack
My best friend and a great friend in front of "Stairway to Heaven"
Looking out from Palm Canyon
Our dinner after a wonderful day with great friends
We woke up early again Wednesday as Gina was going with Ellie and Janna to Lake Havasu City for a girls day. While they were gone Mike and I took a little jeep ride through the desert. He took that jeep where I didn’t know it would go. He can maneuver that jeep great. What can I say but another great time in the desert. (we forgot a camera again) The girls made it back around 4:30 just as Doug & JoAnn was arriving here in Bouse. Jim took the four-wheeler and guided them back into our little desert paradise. Gina and I went down to Mike & Janna’s so Mike and I could finish our conversation. Janna invited us for dinner again but she said we had to bring hot cornbread. (Just kidding) Since she had leftover pinto beans I thought cornbread would be great. We went back home and baked cornbread. Another great meal!! We really eat way too good out here. There for sure is no lack of great chefs out here. We finally made it home and called it a night.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.


You are clearly having a fun time. Next you will be getting a concealed weapon permit :)
ReplyDeleteYup.. the very FIRST time I used the antenna port on my AT&T aircard, the innards broke and came out with the antenna cord! Sadly, I had to replace it at FULL price, not the great discounted price I got when I signed up.
ReplyDeleteThey said using an antenna voided the warranty! (why put a port on it if you can't use it?) So I think the new one was in the range of $285. OUCH...
So now I leave the cord plugged in ALL the time, taped securely to the aircard. I unscrew the cord from the antenna at a junction point if I need to move it.
Otherwise the aircard is kept inserted in our router in a safe out of the way place where it won't get bumped in the house or the motorhome. I learned my lesson. LOL
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/
Love the pictures, they are great!
ReplyDeleteHi Kids.......what awesome pictures. I love the "Stairway to Heaven". Hope we can go there someday. We were in Prescott all day yesterday. Didn't get home till close to 7pm. Love U and miss U...........Mom
ReplyDelete