Friday, February 25, 2011

Friends & A Very Special Gift

First and foremost, from the bottom of our hearts Gina and I want to say thank you to everyone for keeping Thomas and us in your prayers. We have been humbled by all the lovely comments and thanks to Thomas for his service and condolences for Uncle Jim. We feel truly blessed by God that he has placed so many wonderful friends in our lives.

After receiving the news of Uncle Jim’s death and praying for our family we decided we needed to head to our house in Louisiana. Nicole, our daughter is driving home from New York and Ashley our other daughter is flying in from Grenada. After telling Ashley, our daughter in law bye we departed Victorville, California Thursday morning and arrived back in the desert near Bouse, Arizona where our good friends Jim & Ellie, Mike & Janna, and Rod & Deb are parked. On our arrival we were greeted with lots of hugs from everyone and were treated to a wonderful travel day meal at Jim & Ellie’s. After a heartfelt and much needed prayer from Ellie we enjoyed an excellent meal consisting of grilled pork steaks by Jim, mac & cheese casserole by Deb and roasted brussel sprouts, carrots and onions by Janna.

After dinner we walked over to Mike & Janna’s where she gave Gina and I a special gift. While we were gone to California she sewed a Service Flag for us. Immediate family of service men and women can fly the Service Flag during times of war. The blue star represents each service member, the gold star imposed over the blue star signifies a family member who has died as a result of conflict or has died while in service. The lower blue star is for Thomas, the upper blue/gold star is for our son Rollie who died while serving in the Navy. Janna, this flag will be displayed with pride and will always be a reminder to us of the love that was sewn in each stitch.  Thanks Janna & Mike for such kind and touching words in your blog entry yesterday.  I encourage everyone to read her blog (www.tinteepeelogcabin.blogspot.com).

Our Precious Gift

After we all finished crying and wiping our eyes we decided it was time to go home. We made it back around 9:30 and with both of us tired we just went to bed thanking Our Heavenly Father for such caring and loving friends we have been blessed with.

I do not seem to have words that can adequately describe the feelings and emotions Gina and I have for all the wonderful people God has placed in our lives. We call them friends but in reality they’re like family and like family they are always there when you need them and right now Gina and I need them. We love you all and thank you for being there for us.

We are now heading for North Ranch, which is in Congress, Arizona to visit with Mom & Pop's for a little while before we continue our drive to Louisiana.

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

10 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL gift.............our prayers and hearts are with you both. I can only imagine the feelings that you are going through with your son being deployed and having lost one already while serving our wonderful country! I pray that God's loveing arms are wrapped around you both as well as your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever seen,I remember my Mom's flag proudly displayed in the front window for everyone to see.Sorry to say Donna & I could not locate one when our son Tim was in Desert Storm, I guess they have to be hand made now.Please take our Prayers with you on your journey home, and Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rollie and Gina,

    We truly believe God has provided you with such wonderful people in your lives; because you are two of the most wonderful people we have ever met!

    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

    Hugs, John and Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful gift you recived and we thank you and your son's for thier service.We have you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. although we have never met..we wish you safe travels and days filled with love from you 'friends'!..
    the gift that Janna made is beautiful and we know that you will display it proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best to you and your family. Thank you and your son's for their service. They are the reason we are free to roam this vast nation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to you and your family. Thank you and your son's for their service. Without it we would not be free to roam this great nation..

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious treasure she made for you! A beautiful expression of love and friendship.
    Grateful that you know the Lord, I pray He wraps His arms of comfort around your family. You've had a lot going on lately so know you'll continue to be in our prayers. Praying also for safe travels. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rollie and Gina, We send our love and our prayers to you both as well as Thomas. We appreciate the service that your family has demonstrated protecting our freedom. We do not take our freedom lightly and realize the price that is paid for it. We pray Thomas and the others will be returning to you safe and sound. The service flag wasa very thoughtful gift as well as timely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rollie and Gina, I hope this message finds you well. Missing updates to your blog...it's been a long time. Will you return soon?

    ReplyDelete