Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Yes, We Are Still Alive

I know it has been a long time since I last posted a blog entry. All I can say is WOW, how time flies. I keep getting emails and comments inquiring about how Gina and I are doing. We are both doing great. I figured I really needed to post an update to our blog. We or really I have been considering whether or not to keep writing our blog since I have went back to work. Writing the blog was so much easier to keep up when we were traveling but now that I am back working and living out of a hotel four days a week and traveling back and forth between Houston, Texas and our house in Louisiana there just doesn’t seem to be any time left to write. I apologize to everyone that has been so faithful in reading our blog the past two years. I will try to do my best in the future to continue posting.

Our last blog title was “Gina is recovering and Friends Visit”. That seems like so long ago but Gina has recovered from her surgery and is doing GREAT!!! All Praise goes to Our Father .
Okay, besides going back to work a big part of my time has been consumed with searching for a motorhome. As I had posted before we decided to sell our truck and trailer and switch to a motorhome. Well, after some very lengthy discussions we finally agreed that I was the one that wanted the motorhome and Gina was just going along with that decision. However, she loves me and knew how much stress I put on myself while carrying a four wheeler on the back of the trailer. So with that I say thank you sweetheart for giving me all of your support and willing to sell your dream trailer. I had also said that I would not tow a car behind the trailer either but, I’m going to try that too once I have everything setup to do it safely. (I didn’t say legally). My only desire is that I will not let it stress me out.

Our truck and trailer has set at our house for the past four months and every time I see it I miss it and the constant change of hotel beds gets me to missing it even more. So with that said we are moving our truck and trailer to Katy, Texas on July 31st. Of course, Gina had just about emptied out the trailer so now we have to put everything back in it which will take her a few days.
Gina with her Daughters in Grenada
Now that you know our current status I’ll try to give a broad overview of the past two and a half months. Gina enjoyed her recovery down in Grenada and spending time with her daughters.

She arrived back home in Louisiana on May 14th feeling better than ever. She got a clean bill of health from her doctor at the end of May which was welcome news for both her and me. I only thought she had energy before. She now could give the energizer bunny a run for his money. LOL

We have really been missing traveling and since I had a business trip planned the week before Memorial Day I decided to fly Gina with me to Cincinnati. Not that Cincinnati is the greatest places to take a vacation we still enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time together just enjoying each other. Upon our return back to Louisiana Gina spent a couple weeks in Louisiana and then spent a couple of weeks in Houston with me. We had planned a weeklong trip to fly up and spend time with our wonderful friends Mike & Janna in Montana and had thought Mike & Pat (Mom & Pop’s) were going to meet us there but they had other commitments. I’m not going to rewrite our happenings there since I know a lot of you read their blog too. So check out their blog if you want to see all the fun we were having. The intent of this trip was for me to have a little down time while Gina wanted to learn how to quilt from Janna. Gina had planned on learning back in February while we were in the desert. However, our travels were cut short due to our Uncle’s death and me getting a job offer too good to turn down. We were there June 26 to July 4.

I don’t like to end on a sad note. However, while we were in Montana we received some very sad news that the brother of our good friend John (JB & Brenda from Alberta) had died. Our hearts and prayers go out to him and Brenda during this very difficult time.

We are now looking forward to the birth of our first Grandchild due any day. Stay tuned and I’ll post pictures just as soon as she arrives. Gina and I feel so blessed and loved by so many of y’all for caring about us. Thank you all for all the comments and emails inquiring about us. We love you all!!!

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

13 comments:

  1. glad to hear that all is well..and good luck with the sale of the truck and trailer..there is a buyer out there just waitin' to pounce on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you guys, we were beginning to worry about you both. Hope the work isn't to tough, I am spoiled by retirement. Can't wait to hear your Grandparents. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you two. I am so excited just reading about your new Grandbaby and can't wait to see pictures of her. I am also so happy to hear Gina is feeling so good. I can't imagine her with anymore energy lol. Please keep in touch we all miss you guys.

    Love ya
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Brenda said! And thanks for the thoughts and prayers about my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update and glad to hear all is well in your yard! I still look forward to following your blog even if things slow down for a while. Gosh seems like yesterday you were announcing the future grandbaby and now her day is just around the corner. Very exciting!! Do keep us posted. Cheers! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back folks! :) Working and commuting certainly can take a toll on free time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're soooooo glad to hear from you guys and especially to know that Gina is doing so well. We expect to be on the road in a couple of weeks and hope to see you in Hutchinson if not before. We'll look forward to photos of that grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about traveling and then back to working and how the time commitments shift. You surely have a beautiful family! Levonne, A Camp Host's Meanderings: An RV Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallelujah! The Eagle soars again!! :-) I'm so glad you found time to update everyone on what you're doing. You don't know how many friends you have out in "Blog Land" that have been wondering where and how you are. I know you're both extremely busy but just an occasional short post every now and then will be good.
    I'm anxiously waiting to hear about my "great granddaughter's" arrival. She is truly a gift from God.
    Love U and miss U both BUNCHES!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear all is well. Blogger friends always worry when we don't hear from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update! Glad Gina is doing well and it sounds like your job is going well.

    Congrats on the new grandbaby. Looking forward to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good to hear from you two again. So thankful Gina is doing well and has recuperated from her surgery. God is good!!
    Looking forward to hearing the good news of the birth that new grandchild!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear about your happenings again. Hopefully one day our paths will cross again. Been a long time since our 20 minutes in 29 Palms. Great update!

    ReplyDelete