Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Abigail Leaves The Hospital

I made it back to Louisiana on Thursday night to spend a little time with Abigail and Ashley in the hospital. I think that I forgot just how small a new born baby is. She is so adorable. I just sat there holding and admiring her. Gina spent the Thursday night at the hospital with Ashley and Abigail. My job for Friday morning was to get the car seat installed in the car and drive back to the hospital to pick both of them up. Richard, Ashley’s father and I were driving them home while Cathy, Ashley’s mom and Gina followed us. We made it safely to the house and I got a lot more time holding my first grandchild. Enjoy the pictures of Abigail.

Me holding Abigail for the first time

A very proud GiGi and Pop's holding Abigail

All dressed and ready to leave the hospital

Abigail's first picture with her eyes open

Gina had this gown made special

Abigail received a very special gift from Mike and Janna on Saturday. Janna is extremely talented in creating quilting masterpieces. She stated in her blog that this quilt was from a pattern that her grandmother used to quilt. Gina and I were so amazed at how beautiful it came out. For Abigail we thank you very much Janna.

A very beautiful handmade baby quilt

 
Abigail will always know who gave this to her

Also, this past week Shane and Nicole, our oldest daughter and SIL received word that their purchase agreement on their new house was accepted. The house is beautiful. Congratulations to both of you!!

Ashley, our doctor in the family received word this week that she is moving to Hackensack, New Jersey to continue her work in becoming a medical doctor. Congratulations to her too!!

We heard from Thomas and he might be flying home sometime at the end of this month for a few days. He still doesn’t know for sure but he really wants to see his daughter.

Most of you are aware that last year Gina and I started a cabin for Mike & Pat (Mom & Pop’s) in their pole barn in South Dakota last year. Last week they had the cabinets and flooring installed and it looks great!! It’s hard to believe how far their pole barn has come.  Mom you did a great job selecting the cabinets and flooring.

Living room and kitchen, It looks beautiful!!

I left our house Sunday morning in our truck pulling our home making my way to Brookshire, Texas.  I arrived a little after three o'clock at West Houston Campground. It will be parked there while I continue working in Houston. I haven’t moved our home since I parked it at our house in March. It felt great driving the truck again. It felt even better sleeping in my own bed instead of a hotel’s bed.

These past five days have been busy.  But we knew our time in Louisiana this year would be fast paced. It’s hard to believe that it’s already August. Time is moving fast and before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving. It has been a very blessed year for our family and we’ll have a lot to give thanks for.

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

13 comments:

  1. Abigail is certainly a beautiful baby! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous new granddaughter!!..congrats to everyone on their accomplishments!..from new houses..to new babies and new education ventures!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutey, the pictures of the proud Grandparents are great too. won't be long and you will have a lot of spoiling to do.Be safe out there. Sam Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We know first hand how great it is to have new granddaughter. Enjoy these first wonderful months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow......what can I say! God has truly blessed your family (and ours) with a beautiful little girl. We are proud Great Grandparents. The quilt Janna made for Baby Abigail is beautiful! What wonderful friends she and Mike are. Another blessing from our Heavenly Father. Give baby Abigail a big hug and kiss for us. Luv U all bunches...............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abigail is a beautiful, beautiful baby--such gorgeous skin color! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG she is so beautiful and all that hair. I haven't seen that much hair since I had my Rebecca. What a special keepsake from Janna and Mike. I hope we get to meet her in person one day.

    Take Care
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on that precious grandbaby!
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just had to comment on the Hair, Wow that is fantastic.
    Our first grandbaby just now 6 weeks old and still no hair to speak of. I even asked, hey where is her hair.

    Just talked to a friend of mine back home on the phone. His 1st granddaughter is 16 months. He said if he knew how much fun Grandkids were he would have skipped the Kids and went straight to Grandkids. ha

    Enjoy following your Blog.
    Mark and Lauree

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new baby in the family is always a welcome addition. For sure, you will have the best memories with Abigail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new baby. So precious.
    The quilts are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I see a kid with that much hair, (more than what I have at this point) I'm never sure if I should be happy or upset.
    She sure is a cutie though!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Rollie, Abby must be almost ready to start kindergarten now. It has been a while since we have heard from you and sometime in the future Jolee will be wondering where her blog is. Hope all is well with you guys and I know you are busy with the job and all. Best wishes to you and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete