Monday, May 11, 2009

Gina's Enjoys Mother's Day

Sunday
May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day to all the ladies out there. I woke up early this morning to post an entry in the blog for Friday and Saturday which I got done before Gina woke up. I then brought Gina her cup of coffee to bed but she wanted to get up and go outside to enjoy the morning. So we went outside and enjoyed it together. Around 9 o’clock Nicole & Shane stopped by to give her a Mother’s Day card along with a nice Orchid plant in a pot (this is an inside plant). Nicole wrote about something that happened when she was 9 years old that Gina had long forgot about but it had a lasting impression on Nicole. While they were here Gina took them out to see the pool she put in with the ducks. Gina decided she wanted to get inside and catch a duck.







Look at that Face






It's a duck not a dog but she wanted to Pet it

For those that don’t know Gina is a city girl. So these kinds of things are really fascinating to her. For the next two hours she was like a kid in that she kept telling me how she caught and held a duck. It was definitely a good laugh for all of us out there watching her. While sitting outside I decided to feed the fish so we all could watch the fish eating and playing around in the pond and Gina could get loved on by her children and I could take some pictures of them.





But the most important item for the day was giving Gina her Mother’s day present. Normally I would have just given it to her but this year was different since I needed her supervision. She has wanted to create another sitting area in her garden so that was my present to her. Here are some pictures. I would like to say I did it all by myself but if you know Gina she couldn’t just watch me, she had to get involved too.







It was now lunchtime and I asked her what she wanted but she just said she didn’t want anything fancy. That didn’t answer my question but she did finally tell me she wanted a Stromboli from our local pizza place. I called in the order and then we went and picked it up so she could see how the new seats feel in the truck. Once we got back home we sat outside in the swing so she could eat and enjoy such a beautiful day. I wanted to go to Wal-mart since I didn’t want to stop off on my way home to Houston tonight. So off we went to wally world. Once we got back to the house it was time for me to leave and head back to our home in Houston. I got on the road at 5 o’clock but got stuck in traffic in Baton Rouge for almost an hour. I finally made it through the back up. I talked to Gina a few times while I was driving and she was just enjoying her day relaxing. I made it back home a little after 10 o’clock and heated up the leftovers from Monjunis restaurant. It is some of the best Italian food in my opinion. After that I said good night to Gina and went to bed. It was another great day and Gina enjoyed her Mother’s Day. I am so thankful that God gave her to me and that she is the mother of our children. She has been such a wonderful wife and mother to all of us.

Until tomorrow, Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

1 comment:

  1. Umm I was just wondering if you could send Gina here so she could make my garden look like that please. I will pick her up at the airport at any time of the day or night. Thank you that would be greatly appreciated.

    Take Care you guys we miss you
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete