Our View of the Four Peaks
Beautiful Setting that I just had to take
White dirt or salt not sure since I didn't taste it
One of the many old Mine Shafts we saw today
Happy Anniversary Sweetheart, I love You
A Mountain Goat that I startled
We're blessed to be living our dream
Around four o’clock we went home to spend the evening with our friends Mike & Janna and Jim & Ellie which had invited us over for hamburgers and hot dogs. This is my kind food and it made for a relaxing and fantastic evening. After dinner we were treated to a special cake decorated with “Happy Anniversary Rollie & Gina”.
This was our second anniversary in a row that we have celebrated with our RV-Dreams family. We both agree that the people Howard and Linda have brought together when they created the RV-Dreams family are remarkable and thankful to them for that. To say our day was wonderful is a huge understatement maybe fantastic or incredible would be a better description. It was just a great day!
I got up early Saturday morning and put a turkey on my smoker. Gina and I headed out for another six-mile hike taking in the mountain scenery and as the desert comes to life showing off their colors with all the plants blooming.
Me posing in front of a cave
Gina loving the scenery
The Desert is Blooming
Here's some cactus flowers
We just cannot get enough of this scenery
Jumping Juniper (it sheds those little cactus on the ground)
Once we got back home Gina pulled out some of her fresh corn along with some speckled butter beans. I decided to bake some southwestern potatoes in my dutch oven to add to the meal. For desert Gina baked a strawberry dump cake. Janna and Ellie commented, “it’s a Thanksgiving meal”. Well it kind of is as Gina and I are thankful for our friends Mike & Janna and Jim & Ellie. We’re especially thankful for the great time we all have shared these past two weeks.
My cooking area outside
My Dutch Oven cooking
It looks like we're roughing it. NOT!!
Smoked Turkey is done
Ellie snuggled up in LSU colors
Janna and Mike (We're going to Miss Y'all)
It’s also the last time for all of us to gather together, since Mike and Janna are leaving in the morning. All the food tasted great and I was stuffed. We hated to end the evening but after we exchanged hugs with Mike and Janna we all said goodnight. We wished them safe travels as they move south toward Bensen, Arizona to visit friends.
Sunday morning greeted me with pancakes prepared by my wonderful wife. Today was going to be just a relaxing and hanging out kind of day. I needed a down day and I’m glad Gina allowed me to have it. After hiking 12 miles in two days I was tired and I just wanted to sit on my behind and do nothing. Around three o’clock Gina cooked more fresh corn along with a new potato casserole she created. I on the other hand prepared desert in my dutch oven. I made a Black Forest Cake.
I am really enjoying my dutch oven and it’s cooking great. Jim & Ellie came over around four o’clock to visit and have leftover turkey. The food still tasted great and the highlight was desert. I was totally surprised how good the cake tasted. We called it an early night as Jim and Ellie will be leaving tomorrow morning. What better way to spend an evening than with great friends. Life is great!!
Monday morning found both Gina and I awake at five o’clock excited about our hike today. Jim and Ellie stopped on their way out to say goodbye.
After several exchanges of hugs we wished them safe travels. We thanked them for inviting us to join them out here in the “middle of nowhere” and since fulltimers never say goodbye but rather safe travels until we meet again down the road somewhere in time. Gina and I have really fallen in love with this area and definitely plan to return.
We left right behind them as we drove about three miles east to begin our hike. We were told that there were some really nice rocks in this area and that was our goal. We were just about to turn around when we stumbled on a lot of quartz and some crystal. We searched for all the unique pieces and then around 11:30 with the sun shining bright we decided to head back to the truck. On our way back we stopped and filled up on water. We made it back home around two o’clock. For the remaining time we just sat outside enjoying this paradise and soaking up all this beautiful weather. We were even treated to another beautiful desert sunset before we went inside for the night.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

Wishing you two a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from PA! I've been enjoying reading your blog the last several months. Love your pics, too! I must tell you in January, hubby and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary. Guess what he got me - he went to my favorite local craft shop - among other things - it was a wooden block with the ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE painted on it - I couldn't believe it - I then showed him your website - I said to him it was meant to be! Wishing you all the very best!
ReplyDeleteConnie and Barry
PS I love and collect rocks, too! Once on a trip to Lake Havasu AZ, I collected little stones, put them in a mason jar, and made a lamp out of it.
We loved our time together with you two in the desert, it was very, very special! Thanks for all the fabulous cooking y'all did, the walks, ideas, and just the time we all got to spend visiting. We can't wait to see you again down the road, maybe back in the desert!
ReplyDeleteSafe travels and God Bless!