Later that evening Gina was itching to get outside and I kept telling her that the wind was blowing too much and that it was cold. Finally around three o’clock Gina said, "she didn’t care how much the wind was blowing, she was going for a walk". Thankfully the wind had died down a little by this time. We walked through one of the many dry creek beds around here. While walking we were treated to two roadrunners and I was amazed that I was able to get a photo of one. Them little suckers can sure move fast.
Today would be a day for a little shopping so we decided to drive to Parker. Parker is a town about 25 miles north that has a small Wal-mart and grocery store. We needed to pick up a few items and Gina had not been there yet.
We headed out around noon and made stops at Wal-mart and Safeway. While Gina was in Safeway I refilled eight gallon containers with Reverse Osmosis water for our drinking water. By the time I finished loading the water in the truck Gina was walking out. We then began to make our way home.
Our home awaits us out in the land of nowhere
After the groceries were unloaded and put away, we walked down to Mike and Janna’s for dinner. We enjoyed an outstanding dinner consisting of steak, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus, salad and homemade bread. For dessert we were treated to strawberries and angel food cake with whip cream on top. Janna you outdid yourself again as the food was excellent. It’s such a pleasure to spend time with friends. After we made it home we watched a little TV before we said good night to each other.
Today found us waking up early again anxious to watch the sun rise. Never in our lives, at least that I can recall have we woke up so early every morning feeling so refreshed and eager to start the day. Gina spent the morning rearranging our clothes while I hung up a new TV with a built in DVD player in our bedroom. We then went to dump our trash and get propane. After which we drove to where Jim & Ellie were parked before they moved to where they are right now. The area is beautiful and we might move over there next week. This way Gina will not have to walk as far in search of those special rocks. While we were checking out the area, Gina did come home with her first Geode. The hole inside is not very big but nonetheless it’s Geode.
Today found us waking up early again anxious to watch the sun rise. Never in our lives, at least that I can recall have we woke up so early every morning feeling so refreshed and eager to start the day. Gina spent the morning rearranging our clothes while I hung up a new TV with a built in DVD player in our bedroom. We then went to dump our trash and get propane. After which we drove to where Jim & Ellie were parked before they moved to where they are right now. The area is beautiful and we might move over there next week. This way Gina will not have to walk as far in search of those special rocks. While we were checking out the area, Gina did come home with her first Geode. The hole inside is not very big but nonetheless it’s Geode.
This made her day and together we decided to go back there tomorrow and hike up and around the area known as the Four Peaks. We finally made it home and I used my Dutch oven for the first time. I made Mexican cornbread. It could have cooked a few minutes longer. However, it still tasted great. Jim came over to get some and then we brought Mike and Janna some.
Tomorrow is a special day for us, as we’ll be celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary. I feel so blessed that God placed Gina into my life. Not only is she a wonderful wife, she’s my best friend. I love you and wish for many more wonderful and fun filled years with you!!
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.
Tomorrow is a special day for us, as we’ll be celebrating our 28th Wedding Anniversary. I feel so blessed that God placed Gina into my life. Not only is she a wonderful wife, she’s my best friend. I love you and wish for many more wonderful and fun filled years with you!!
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

Happy Anniversary Rollie and Gina. It looks like y'all are enjoying the desert life. We are going to make a one night stop in Quartzsite tomorrow on our way to Peoria and our next volunteer job. Next year we may try our hand at boondocking at Q for a while in Jan. Is the desert just starting to bloom?
ReplyDeleteShure beats the streets of Mission, TX doesn't it...Glad you guys are enjoying it so much. We are in Yuma,,,Rally is over and we head home today. Pat and I are VERY tired and worn out!!
ReplyDelete"we wanna go home",,,to north Ranch. Ms Mega2 don't like the low flying noisy jets that drill your ear drums and make you deaf. Its wearing on us!!
Happy Anniversary Gina and Rollie. God is GOOD!! Mike forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary so I thought I would say it for both of us. BTW...my oldest daughter, Lisa, and her husband, Randy, are celebrating their anniversary today, too....also #28.
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you are headed for North Ranch. Hope to see you soon.
HUGS...........Pat and Mike
COngratulations on your 28th anniversary! We're going to celebrate our 50th this year, and you are certainly invited. See our next blog!
ReplyDeleteNice baby geode. By the way, that roadrunner was so fast, his picture still hadn't loaded by the time we got to the bottom of the blog, so we didn't see him!
Happy Anniversary to both of you. You guys are still so sweet and in love, you are both an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you two on 28 years!! Your setting there looks absolutely gorgeous. Continue having fun!
ReplyDelete