The rain and hail we had here yesterday looks like it brought new life to the desert. The green seems just a little brighter and the flowers are blooming.
Jim stopped by early this morning and picked up our trash since he was driving into Quartzsite to do laundry and a few other errands. Thanks Jim.
We took Angel and Zoey for a long walk this morning, which they seemed to enjoy. As we were walking back we ran into Ellie walking Mr. Bojangles and Jasmine. She and Gina discussed going for a walk. So when we got back and after Ellie had dropped her babies off she and Gina set out for their power walk. This was good for me since I wanted to take a little nap while they were gone. Ok, it wasn’t really a nap it was a get back in bed and sleep. When I woke up and looked at the clock it had been over two hours and I felt great. When I walked outside I saw Gina and Ellie coming back and as they got closer I could see Gina had a rock in each hand as she was walking. She informed me they were substitutes for her dumbbells. She then started telling me about the area that they walked to and that she wanted take me there this afternoon.
Cactus Blooming
This cactus almost looks out of place since it's all alone
Here's Ellie looking for that perfect picture
Look at these colors, The desert is alive
I put some pork country style ribs on the grill to pre cook before I put them in a pot of white beans cooking on the Coleman stove outside. A little after twelve o’clock Gina and I went for a walk with a hammer with us. She decided that she wanted to break open some rocks to see if they held any surprises. We didn’t quite make it to where she wanted to take me. However, she still found some nice rocks that once they were broken apart just sparkled. Finally, around four o’clock I was able to convince her that we needed to start heading back home. Of course once again our bags were filled with rocks.
As we were walking back Jim called to see where we were and to invite us over for dinner. Ellie had whipped up a pot of homemade chicken and vegetable soup. We said we would be right over once we got back. We dropped off our rocks and then walked over to Jim & Ellie’s. Mike and Janna were already there. We visited for a little while before we ate. Janna had made some more homemade cornbread to go with the soup and the leftover chili from last night. All of the food tasted great and this is for you Janna. You can keep on making your cornbread everyday if you want to, as it tastes great.
Around eight o’clock we walked back home and Gina viewed all of the pictures she had taken during the day with Ellie while I watched a little TV. She then joined me in bed around eleven o’clock where we told each other just how much fun and exciting it’s been out here thus far and are looking forward to many more days in sceneries like this. We kissed and said our good nights and we cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

Hey Rollie, looks like your going to need a bigger rucksack, Gina is just trying to keep you in shape,That's something Sam will have to do once we getout on our adventure.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are in the dessert at a pretty time of the year, I'll bet the saummer browns things up pretty qick. Glad to see you and your friends are enjoyimg your stay. Sam & Donna.
The pictures from the desert are just beautiful. We have never been there but I can only imagine the peaceful feeling it must bring.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Gerri and Mike (http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com)