We also stopped at Cabala’s so Gina and I could buy a rear cargo box for the four wheeler. On our way home Pop’s decided to give us a drive by viewing of Mount Rushmore. We'll tour it another day, this was just to wet our appetite. First we passed through the small town of Keystone.
Main Street in Keystone, South Dakota
The entrance sign to Mount Rushmore
A view of Mount Rushmore
A profile view of George Washington
We didn’t have much time since Mom and I had a ball game tonight that started at six o’clock. We had a lot of fun. However, we did lose again. At least this time mom didn’t get hit.
Hard to believe Pop's and Gina are wearing coats in July
Mom gets a hit
Then I got a triple
I had to slide to get that triple
Mom is a really good pitcher
Catching that fly ball
We woke up early again yesterday so I could drive my truck up to the Volvo dealer in Rapid City to get some maintenance done to it. It will probably take a few days before I get back up there to pick it up. From there we stopped by Wal-mart for a few items and then started back toward Custer. We saw a Polaris dealer so we stopped there to see if they had a windshield for the four wheeler. Sure enough they had one and we bought it.
We made it home around 11:30 and Gina and I were both starving. Mom has been joking with me that I cook way too much food because we always have a lot of food leftover. So we both decided lunch would be leftover hamburgers and sausage. While we were in Rapid City this morning Gina bought Pop’s a little house warming present.
We then enjoyed our happy hour while we were waiting on the load of lumber to arrive.
The truck arrives
Pop's holding the door open so the forklift could fit inside
Pop's is one happy "Cool Dude", He can't wait to get started
Pop's tarpaulin here was so old that when we tried to unfold it all it could do was fall apart
We didn’t’ have to cook tonight since Mom and Pop’s Airstream friends were cooking dinner for us.
Dinner was pork Loin with mango salsa and potatoes with salad. It all tasted excellent. Thanks for the wonderful food and fellowship. After dinner Gina served a homemade Strawberry dump cake topped with homemade vanilla ice cream. It had been a long day so we all said goodnight since we'll start construction in the morning. Yes, finally!!!
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.


It won't be long now and the building will be underway!! We look forward to watching the progress.
ReplyDeleteSorry you lost the ball game but you both sure had some good moves in the pics!!
Love that housewarming gift...it fits Mike and Pat to a tee!!
Take care!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com