Good Morning to everyone as we wake up on this Thursday morning. The weather is still beautiful here even though it got a little warm here yesterday(90 degrees).
Gina and I spent Wednesday packing and cleaning up our trailer so we could leave for Yellowstone today. We really thank Janna for allowing us to use her washing machine to wash a few loads of clothes. She even hung the clothes out on the clothesline to dry. While she was washing and cleaning I fixed a shelf in our kitchen that had came loose. I also installed new 6 volt golf cart batteries in our trailer and then helped Mike install his new batteries.
While we were outside Janna continued her quilting. She was finishing up a quilt and Gina took a few pictures. Janna is very talented with her Millennium Long Arm Quilting machine. It works opposite of a sewing machine. You move the needle on a Long Arm and the material on a sewing machine. I'm not even sure I got that right but Janna makes it look easy.
From there I had a decision to make. Either find a somewhere to dump my blackwater tank on the way to Yellowstone or use our macerator pump. Well, I decided to use our macerator pump and everything went well until I was picking my hose up out of Mike’s septic tank. It was full of water. Mike agreed that was not normal nor was it good. After checking the breaker to his pump he got his small trackhoe and went to his leach field and began digging to make sure the pipe wasn’t clogged. No problem there so it must be the pump. He decided to open the liquid tank that houses the pump. That sounded easy but he had to use his trackhoe and dig down about two feet to reach the cover. It was full of water and the wires to the pump were melted. He pulled out a submersible pump and continued pumping until we could see the pump and discharge piping.
Mike had a brand new pump on hand so we replaced the pump. All in all not a hard job just a real dirty job. We finished up around nine o’clock and I jumped in the shower.
After my shower we walked over to Mike & Janna’s for dinner. I grilled thick pork chops to go with steamed green beans, country style potatoes, and more sweet corn on the cob. That was a lot of food for eating so late but it sure tasted great. For dessert Janna baked another Cream Cheese Pound Cake that she topped with fresh strawberries. A great dinner and a fantastic dessert. Gina says Janna is spoiling me and I said you have already spoiled me. We said goodnight and walked back to our trailer around 10:30. We were both tired and went to bed.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Janna certainly is a very talented lady!! Those quilts are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got things all fixed up....although a dirty job.
Take care and travel safely!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)