I woke up early and jumped in the shower in preparation for our drive to Montana. Gina stayed in bed since she was still not feeling well. Normally it’s not hard to get ready to leave. However, with Gina not feeling well it left me to do most everything. She did do most of the inside with me helping. I thought we would be on the road between eight and nine o’clock. However, that didn’t happen. It was a little after eleven o’clock before we were on the road heading west. Originally, today was going to be a 470 mile travel day with our arrival at Mike and Janna's house. However, with our late start and Gina not feeling well I decided to call Janna to let her know that we wouldn’t be arriving there until this morning. Gina laid down on the bed most of the trip trying to let the medicine do its thing. Finally around four o’clock she was feeling a little better. I knew she was feeling better because she started taking pictures as we were driving.
Around seven o’clock it started raining on us and we both decided 400 miles was enough driving for the day. With that she got her laptop out and found a Passport America park about 20 miles up the road in a town called Reed Point. I called and they had one 30 amp site left. I said we’d take it. It’s a small little park but for one night it would do. After we got our home setup I called Janna to let her know where we were. She, in return told me that we were only 40 miles from her and Mike’s cabin. At least today will be short travel day. I felt bad after reading Janna’s blog last night when she said she made a cream cheese pound cake for our arrival. I sure hope some of it is still there today. That was our uneventful day and I hope you enjoy the pictures Gina took. These are some of the pictures Gina took during our drive.
Of course we had to drive through Wyoming
The Big Horn mountains rising up in the distance
Gina thought you all might like a Sun & cloud picture
Not sure what this was but it was being harvested
These fields were so bright
This iron cowboy statue greeted us as we entered Billings
Another view of Montana
I want to thank Tom Hathcock for volunteering his time this past Saturday and inspecting and taking pictures of two motorhomes in Houston for Mike & Pat. He and his wife Susan travel in a Phaeton motorhome.
Pop's wanted me to let everyone know that he may not post a blog today. They are having computer problems. They were not able to post on Sunday because they were driving back home from Lincoln, Nebraska. He has never missed two posts in a row and didn't want anyone to worry. They are doing great and looking forward to delivering their Teton & truck to the new owners tomorrow. They are then taking off in search of that perfect motorhome.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

Great! New landscapes! On the move again!
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish we could have met you guys there. I just wasn't meant to be right now. I know we will catch up with you guys in the fall. Enjoy Montana it is my favorite state. I think because it is very similar to Alberta. We are just a few miles from you two if you get the urge to cross the border lol
ReplyDeleteMiss you
Brenda Brown
SOme of that terrtory looks mighty familiar. Especially the Old West RV Park. We spent three or four nights there a couple of years ago, had a delightful time touring the town of Reed Point. Excellent "Indian Tacos" at one of the cafe / bars in town. And gvreat photo ops as well.
ReplyDeleteMORE MORE pics please.......would love to be in Montana right now!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
ReplyDelete