Back to the Summer Cabin. Gina and I worked hard all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday until Mom & Pop’s arrived back from Lincoln, Nebraska. We were able to get just about everything accomplished that we wanted to while they were gone. They were surprised to say the least and kept saying how they just couldn’t believe how much we got accomplished. Their Summer Cabin is ready for them to start moving their stuff into now. It’s not finished by no means but all major construction is complete (i.e.: no dust flying). Our goal was always to make it livable while they seek out their next motorhome. Here are the pictures below with only the kitchen cabinets and the flooring left to be installed.
Standing in the front door (lights installed)
Looking into the kitchen
Front Door trimmed out with molding
Looking down the hall (pocket doors & molding installed)

There is now lights in the bathroom
Bedroom ceiling fan installed

Exterior Door leading into the barn (door is only primed)
The exterior door into the barn is hung
Gina still has some trim to paint. Then she will help Mom and Pop’s move things into their Summer Cabin, while I finish the wiring into the breaker panel. Once that is finished this morning my focus will be preparing our home and truck for our departure. We are leaving here in the morning heading for Montana to see our friends Mike and Janna (Janna writes a nice blog) We only anticipate being in Montana for about 18 days and then we’ll be back to finish up Mom & Pop’s Summer Cabin. We are excited about going to Montana since neither one of us have never been there before. Stay tuned as our adventure continues.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

While in Montana, ya'll must go to Glacier National Park...I've been up there twice and would go EVERY year, if possible. AWESOME!!!!!! I've really enjoyed keeping up with ya'll on here....but I sure miss mine and Gina's talks. Much love to both of you......
ReplyDeleteThe two of you have done a wonderful job on the summer cabin, now I know who to call when I decide to settle down:) Have a safe trip to Montana, and enjoy your time with Mike and Janna.
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible job you guys have done! I bet it was a BiG surprise when Mike and Pat returned...you all accomplished alot.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time in Montana....it is one of our favorite states. Safe travels!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)