Sunday, September 26, 2010

Arts & Craft Festival and Touring HIll City

Friday found Gina and I riding up to Rapid City with Mom & Pop’s. We all needed a few items before we depart Custer and today was the perfect day. It started out a little chilly. However, the day turned out beautiful. Once we arrived back home it was time for our social hour and John and Michal were coming over. They are another fulltime RV’ing couple that drive a big Volvo truck like ours. They are staying just down the road at Broken Arrow Campground.


John & Michal

Gina cooked up a pot of chili after gathering a half-pound of ground meat from Dale and a half-pound of buffalo meat from Mom. After chatting for awhile we decided that it was time to enjoy a delicious bowl of chili with all the fixings. It was getting a little cold outside so we called it a day. We all said goodnight and then went inside to stay warm.


Saturday morning found us up early as we were going to the Custer State Park Buffalo Round-Up Days Arts & Crafts Festival. They had lots of booths with a lot of unique stuff.


Looking down a row booths


Yes, you could even get buffalo burgers


This guy is making arrow heads


Of course, there were horses there too


Gina managed to get a picture of this female Bighorn Sheep


Dale, Pop's, Mom, me, Gina, John & Michal

We made it back home a little after noon and I grilled some hot dogs. Gina and I then decided to take a drive to Hill City while Mom & Pop’s decided to take a motorcycle ride for the afternoon.

Once we got parked in Hill City we just browsed through the stores and somehow we managed not to buy anything.


Welcome sign into Hill City


A unique statue of a horse made out of junk steel

We then drove a little further up the road to a Christmas store.


The Christmas Store Sign

When we walked in someone called out “Who Dat”. That caught our attention and then I realized I was wearing a New Orleans Saints tee-shirt. There were two ladies that were wearing “Who Dat Nation” tee-shirts and after talking with them we found at that Betty was from Baton Rouge and Linda was from Delhi, Louisiana.


Betty and Linda (How bout dem shirts)

You never know who you will run into while traveling. Gina continued her shopping and I believe she looked at everything in the store. She made a few purchases and then it was time to head home. I’m not sure what time we got home but we walked over to Mom & Pop’s and visited with them. We said goodnight to them and walked home just in time for the kickoff between LSU and West Virginia football game. We watched the game and congratulations to LSU for the win. By this time it was after ten o’clock and we both went to bed. We had a relaxing and wonderful day. We’re off to church this morning and then I need to finish up a few items on Mom & Pop’s cabin.


Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and wonderful Blog. We are so glad to have "our kids" back home. We were a little late getting our Blog published but it's published now. Love U both and see you in a little while. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that statue of the horse... very very interesting!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete