Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Happy Birthday Dad !!

Today is my Dad’s birthday and I found this quote the other day. “Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”, Anonymous.  Dad, the example you gave me to follow is unbelievable. It’s because of who you are that defined who I am.  You have been the greatest Dad a son could ever ask for. I love you and wish your day is a blessed and wonderful day.

It’s Friday morning and another week is almost over. It’s hard to believe that our time here in the Black Hills of South Dakota is almost over. We’re leaving here on Sunday heading for Colorado for a few days.

Yesterday found me washing our truck while Gina washed clothes. Somewhere in there Gina and Mom made a big batch of smoothies.

There's a lot of truck to wash there

Mom ready to make smoothies

Gina even managed to hang clothes out to dry

Once I finished with the truck it was time to start packing up our truck. First up were Gina’s rocks. This took some time. Then we started loading some of my tools that I brought up here to build Mom & Pop’s cabin. We both finally gave out around nine o’clock and went inside. We were both tired and our hot showers felt great. Gina then made some hot chocolate and climbed into bed to watch a movie. I followed soon behind her and we were both asleep fairly quick after the movie ended.

Today we're off for a little sightseeing. First on the agenda is Mount Rushmore. We have drove past it but Gina wants to stop and take a tour of it. We still have a lot more packing to do but today will be one of our last fun days here. Stay tuned as our adventure continues and I’m sure there will be a lot of pictures in the blog tomorrow.


Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY "DAD"!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!! Rollie says you defined who he is today...well, let me say, you did a fine job! Rollie is a fine young man. He is a very loving, caring individual. I know you are proud of him.
    We're looking forward to our sightseeing tour today. Love U both............Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...that is a lot of truck to wash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat clean sheets that have been dried in the sun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at Mount Rushmore, it was certainly one of our favourite spots in that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Father Rollie, I would one day love to meet him. You are such a wonderful man that if he has defined you he must be such a wonderful human being and I know from what Gina has said about your whole family that they are all wonderful people.

    Take Good Care and enjoy Mount Rushmore
    Brenda Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoyed that area too... but we didn't go IN at Mt. Rushmore, we just pulled around to the side where there was a pull off on the highway and stopped there to take pics. We wanted to see the monument but not into the tourist and gift shop stuff....

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete