We woke up to another beautiful morning with clear skies and 35 degrees. Brenda and Gina were driving to Cochrane, Alberta to spend the day shopping. On the other hand John and I were just going to spend the day relaxing. However, first off my morning was spent editing 342 pictures we took from the day before and posting an update to our blog.
Around noon John and lit a fire in their chiminea and we sat around all afternoon chatting until the girls got back home around five o'clock.
Gina didn't buy anything but she said that she had a great time looking at all of the shops down mainstreet. She did tell me that her highlight was a beautiful handmade bookmark Brenda gave her and eating ice cream at MacKay's. They have been making ice cream since 1949 and she said it was the best she had ever eaten.
Brenda cooked Lasagna for dinner and Gina cooked green beans and a loaf of homemade bread. Like always Dinner was great and afterward we all grabbed our chairs and sat around the chiminea to stay warm and talk. Once it got dark and it was getting colder we knew it was time to head inside. We thanked Brenda for another wonderful meal and told them that we would see them in the morning.
We are off this morning to Banff Park in western Alberta. It's the most northern part of the Rocky Mountains. I'm sure it will be another exciting day so stay tuned as we continue our Canadian adventure.
Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We have never been to Alberta (actually I have been to Edmonton on business one day maybe 40 years ago) so we'll watch your trip with enthusiasm! Enjoy Banff!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day for the ladies and the men as well. I'm enjoying your pictures and descriptions of the places you go. We will be going to Canada next year, so I'm taking notes as I read your blog. Enjoy Canada!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all are having a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteLove your pics today!!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)