We woke up early this morning so we could go to the west side of Houston and watch Shane play soccer. Of course I had no idea that there would be so many soccer fields. Well guess what I forgot my camera so we had to use a backup old camera that is kept in the car which is a circa 2000 model. It’s really old but it is kept in the car none the less but at least we had something to use to capture the moment. There must have been 20 fields and these are full size fields. They were as far as I could see in all directions. I Had to call Nicole and figure out where they were playing which took a few minutes but we finally found them and set up our chairs so we could watch.

All set up ready to watch Soccer

Shane getting to kick the ball
Shane is a really good player but he should be since he has been playing since he was six or seven. Even before we got to sit down he scored a goal. Must have been Gina bringing good luck to him.

All of Us after the Game
They lost that game but it was still fun to watch him. We went back to their hotel so Shane could get refreshed a little. He had another game in two hours so he headed back to the field and we went to get a quick bite to eat. We settled for Taco Bell and Popeye’s. It was quick so we could get back to the field to watch Shane’s final game for the day. They lost that one too but all the guys looked like they had fun. I had been telling Thomas about this indoor go-cart track in Houston for over two years and just seemed like every time he came to Houston we didn’t have time to go race but since we were just five minutes away we decided we would go have a little fun and be boys again. This place is called Track 21 and I had been there before and it is a true racing experience. (So much that your hands and arms hurt after you’re done) You have to be 16 and have a driver license to race. We paid our money and set through the pre race / safety briefing and then it was get your head sock and helmet and off to your assigned cart.

We're ready to race
They do this since they give you your lap times after your race is over and you can see who the fastest driver was which as boys someone has to have bragging rights and it’s not about who finished first but who got around the track the fastest.

Thomas getting strapped into his Cart

Dad is in his Cart ready to race

Dad & Thomas racing
It really is a true racing experience. Thomas had his doubts since he had been to a lot of go-cart tracks but when it was over he was like “WOW” that was unbelievable. I think we are going back over there today so Shane and Nicole can enjoy this experience. If you are ever in Houston and you like racing this is a must do item. The place is called Track 21 and you want to race on the F-1 course. It’s a blast!! Well Thomas and I had a great time and even more fun when we got our times since he had beat me for the best elapsed time by 0.814 seconds and he joked with me all the way back home. I’ll let you know how all four of us do later. Once we got back home we decided to boil and fry shrimp which we did and they were great. We had picked up some lump crab meat for our steaks last night and we had some left so Thomas decided he wanted some crab cakes with his fried shrimp. I’ll have to admit they were some of the best crab cakes that I’ve eaten before. Gina & I told him he’ll have to make them for us again. Then Nicole called us and asked us if we wanted to go out to eat with them at Pappascita’s Cantina and we said of course we do. I’ll never turn down any time that I can spend with my children. We decided we would meet at 8 o’clock at the restaurant. We got there and they were busy and we waited for an hour to get our table so in the mean time we sat outside and enjoyed some margaritas with our chips and salsa.

All of Us enjoying ourselves

Our children goofing around

Enjoying Margaritas and Chips & Salsa
Shane and Nicole got fajitas and we shared quesadillas. Thomas does really like Mexican food but he did get some queso and he enjoyed that for his meal. He wasn’t really hungry since he had just eaten fried shrimp and crab cakes. We left there and said that we would meet up around 11 o’clock this morning at the go-cart track before they got back on the road for Louisiana.

No comments:
Post a Comment