Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Showers and Plant Shopping

I woke up this morning moving very slow and tired. For some reason our AC decided to drip water / condensation on the bed in the middle of the night and Gina thought one of our dogs pee’d on the bed. So I had to get up and see where the water came from. Then if that wasn’t enough my phone rang at 2 o’clock in the morning only to be a wrong number. I normally can fall right back to sleep but I was restless and seemed like I just never went back to sleep. I got another ride into work today. Gina wanted to look around town (shopping). A lot of days I drive in to work and come home at lunch and drop the car off to her since she doesn’t get moving very early. However, I knew today I wouldn’t be able to since I had a meeting with the president of the company I work for along with meeting with the client I’m working for right now. Besides that I knew I would get a very nice lunch out of the deal. It’s pretty hard for me to pass up a really nice (FREE) lunch. Well let’s just say when I called Gina at 12 o’clock she was at a plant nursery and when I was finished with lunch she was still there.



This where Gina spent her day

I think this time of the year is the best for Gina because she loves her garden and she loves to expand it. So today was a very good day for her. She was in her element, plants, plants, and more plants. I called her again at 4 o’clock to let her know that I was getting a ride home and she was still at the plant nursery and said just meet me here and then we can go home together. I said ok I’ll meet you there.


Gina searching for the best plant


Low and behold when I got there she had three carts full of plants and she wasn’t finished. We decided that they were not going to fit in the car so we left and went home and got the big truck. So who do you know that takes a big semi-truck up to a plant nursery to pick up their purchases? We do, everyone there just stared at us as we got out of the truck and started wheeling out three carts of plants and began to load them in the back of the truck.


Gina ready to load her plants

When we finished Gina tell tells me to meet her inside since she wants some more bedding plants. She began shopping some more. All total, she spent 8 hours at the Houston Garden Center. She was there so long that when she checked out, the young girl said, you must be tired since you have been here all day. Gina just replied back, no, I feel great!! Once we left the plant nursery the spring showers, really they were thunderstorms let loose. It was ok until I had to back my truck up and I could barely see out my mirrors. We waited a few minutes and it slacked off enough that Gina was able to get out and make sure I wouldn’t hit our home. Now it’s just sprinkling but you could tell it was not finished raining. Of course my lovely bride says we have to take the plants out of the truck or they will die. So we take all of the plants out of the truck and put them in front of and under our home to protect them from the rain. Just as we finished moving the plants from the truck it let loose again. We made it inside before getting too wet and we both looked at each other and said that was close now let’s eat. We were both hungry and even though she had taken chicken out of the freezer to grill we decided to have leftover taco meat and made soft tacos. This was a full day for Gina, but she was extremely happy with her selections and now she cannot wait to see how they are going to look in her garden. Finally at about 9:30 we went and got in bed and I know I was out quick. I’m not sure about Gina but I’m sure she was out quick too. We both ended our day very happy. Gina with all her new plants and I was happy because when my bride is happy, I’m happy.


Until tomorrow Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

3 comments:

  1. What are these girls going to do when we are fully fulltime??? They wont be able to head out to the stores and spend all day buying stuff...we will run out of room storing it!! Oh well like you said if Mommas happy so is Daddy.

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Gina, ALL day looking at plants.. Oh my.. I just can't do that, lol. Glad you enjoyed though.
    When do you leave for LA?
    Did you know alot of us have already made ressies for Rockport next winter?? You MUST be with us.. I think the park fills up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like someone is going to be busy planting, hmmmm will it be Gina or Rollie?? Great blog you guys, I will be following along.. :)
    Don

    ReplyDelete