Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Unique Visitor

We were up early Friday morning to finish up all of the framing. After I finished framing the two additional walls it was on to installing the pocket doors. All walls have been framed and now we can begin the electrical and plumbing. We feel extremely blessed by Our Heavenly Father for the progress thus far and give Him all the PRAISE and GLORY!!!!


Bedroom pocket door frame


Bathroom pocket door frame

For dinner it was a seafood night. I grilled shrimp and Salmon. While I was grilling Gina cooked some crab cakes and Mom cooked some green beans with sliced almonds. After our celebration meal we called it a night.

Gina wasn’t feeling well this morning and my body was tired. We both agreed that we wouldn’t go hiking this morning. Instead, we sat outside drinking a cup of coffee and discussing our game plan for the day. While we were sitting outside Mom and Pop’s had their first visitor to their apartment. With great amusement we watched this little fellow crawl all over the new apartment. After a little while I grabbed a broom and tried to get him back out but he would not hear of it. Finally, I gave up and sat back down. After a few minutes he was scurrying out the garage door and back toward his home up in the tree.


He stopped just for a second for his picture to be taken


He was running everywhere except outside


I don't know who was laughing more at me, Gina or him


He finally decided to bid us farewell and head home

Gina decided for me that we would install the windows today. Once Mom and Pop arrived home from their hike we discussed our plan on installing the windows today. They agreed, so we all drove into town to rent a reciprocating saw to cut the openings for the windows. Now I must admit cutting the holes and installing the windows was the easy part. Getting the metal siding back in place and looking good was extremely difficult. However, with Mom and Pop’s help we finally achieved it.


Cutting the hole for the kitchen window


We hope Mom enjoys her view while washing dishes


Outside view of the kitchen window


Reinstalling the last sheet of metal siding


A view from inside their new living room


Mom & Pop's pole barn before windows and new parking spaces


Gina and I both love the new look


A note for our followers: We will not be posting a blog on Sundays and Wednesdays while we are here in Custer, South Dakota. Mike posts on those days and I do not want to duplicate. I encourage all of you to view his blog on those days at www.mikepatstravels.blogspot.com

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

2 comments:

  1. We love our new apartment!!! You guys are awesome! We are so grateful to both of you for all your hard work. God truly blessed us when He brought you both into our lives. I don't know what we did to deserve it but we are very grateful that He put you here.
    Love U both LOTS!! Mom and Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are only the tools of Our Father. It is we who are BLESSED to have you in our lives. We give THANKS to Him for placing both of you in our lives.

    We love Y'all!!
    Your Kids

    ReplyDelete