Monday, August 23, 2010

A Beautiful Setting & Home in Montana


What a way to wake up

We woke up to lite rain Sunday morning and a beautiful rainbow. We had already decided to have a slow and relaxing day. On Saturday I put up our DirecTV satellite dish. Gina watched the news and weather while I got caught up on the blog. Around ten o’clock Mike and I took his old Volkswagen beetle into Gallatin National Forest to look at a shed that he had been asked to move. He let me drive the beetle and it brought back so many memories. I used to own a 68 beetle and it was always so much fun to drive. We’re going to move it today up north of Big Timber to their friend’s house. Once we arrived back home I posted the blog after which I took a short nap.

Around four o’clock Gina baked a strawberry dump cake while we got cleaned up and dressed. We were invited by Mike and Janna to go over to their friend’s, Geoff and Nancy’s house for dinner. They are from California and now spend most of their time here in Montana. They own a cabin down the road from Mike and Janna’s. To say they have created a paradise is a huge understatement. It is absolutely beautiful. Here are a few pictures of their little piece of heaven.


Front of Geoff & Nancy's Cabin


View from their back porch


Looking at their back porch


Looking up the East Boulder River


Looking down the river

After dinner we talked for a while and around 9:30 we headed back home. Gina and I had a wonderful time. After we arrived back home it was time for Gina to watch the finale of “Army Wives”. We were both tired and after it went off we said goodnight and were asleep fairly quick. We are enjoying ourselves so much here in Montana and are looking forward to seeing Yellowstone National Park this week. We’ll be leaving with Mike and Janna on Thursday heading to their special campsite just outside the north entrance to the park. Until then stay tuned as our adventure continues.

Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

2 comments:

  1. That certainly is a beautiful location. No wonder they abandoned California for that northern paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words and great photos of our place. I was able to copy and share with some friends and family.
    It was a pleasure meeting you both the other night and we love Montana vistas so just keep those photos coming.
    Wishing you both blessings on your great adventure!
    Nancy and Geoff

    ReplyDelete