Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Arrival & Assessment, Bird house is Full & Our Fish are Growing


At 3:30 the alarm went off and I heard the coffee start. It’s programmable so I had set it last night so when Gina and I woke up we would have fresh coffee. We both looked at each other and said just a few more minutes. We did get up at 4 o’clock and enjoyed our coffee together, and then it was like, we need to be on the road. We still had everything to load up into the truck. However, she did get everything packed so it was easy to load in the truck. The last items to load were all her new plants and there were more than what I thought she bought. Then she told me she went again Thursday morning and bought a few more. I like what John wrote about Brenda the other day about our wife’s. They seem to know how to blend new items into their existing things and then when we ask they reply back “I’ve had them or they’re old”. Anyway she thought I wouldn’t notice any additional plants. However, I did since I barely had enough room for what she bought Wednesday.
Well, we got loaded and our home shutdown for the weekend and got on the road at 5 in the morning. That was only an hour later than we had planned on so not bad for us. We talked on the phone just about the whole way since she was driving the car and I was in the truck. Let’s just say that when we start traveling a lot Gina is not going to be driving a car while I’m towing our home down the highway. She didn’t like it and neither did I. We did stop for a potty break and had to readjust the plants since some of them decided they were not secured enough. We made it to our house at 10:30 in the morning and started unloading the plants. Once they were unloaded Gina went to assess her Garden and realized that she had probably bought too many plants. She really expected most of her seasonal plants to be dead but they seemed to be blooming and looking great. They just needed to be pruned and cleaned up.
Still looking Nice
Blooms are out in full

Still a lot of Color
While we were looking around we noticed our bird houses had a lot of activity and realized that we had babies inside.
One of Gina's Bird Houses

Baby Birds

Ok, I know Howard and Linda and other dreamers are bird’ers but I’m not one. I’m like that is a blue one or a Red one and so on. I couldn’t tell you more than a few official bird names if anyone asked me what the name of that bird is. So if you want to know what these babies are I cannot tell you other than I call them wrens. I do not know if they are the same birds that come here every year but birds that look like them have been coming here every year for the past twelve years. They really like it here since they seem to build their nest everywhere around here even if it wasn’t meant to contain a nest. Gina has little bird houses all over her Garden along with bird feeders that seem to keep the birds happy and coming back every spring.
More of Gina's Bird Houses

Next, we watched our Koi fish in the pond and admired how much they had grown. Their colors seem to be getting brighter. We do not believe we lost any during the winter.
Some of Our Koi Fish

So all in all Gina was very pleased with how everything fared and looked. She said that she shouldn’t have as much work to do in getting her garden ready for the wedding next weekend.

My dad stopped by along with my aunt & uncle so we visited with them for awhile. We really enjoy visiting with them whenever we can it just doesn’t seem like we have much time. Once they all left we started unpacking the rest of the truck. We are learning what we want in our new home so we bring different things to it and then decide whether or not we like it. If not they get brought back to Louisiana. We had a lot of those items this trip. Gina had a hair appointment for 6 o’clock this evening. Around 7 o’clock Thomas and I decided we wanted to go eat. We decided on Outback since he likes their fried crawfish tails and I like their blooming onion. I called Gina and she said she would meet us there. We had a great time, the food was good, and our stomachs were full. Thomas left to see some friends and we went back to our house. Gina and I were both tired and I laid down on the couch and was out. I’m not sure what Gina was doing but she woke me up at midnight and said she was going to bed so being the good husband I got up and went to bed with her. We had a long day but it was a very nice day for us and we always enjoy coming back to Louisiana.

Until tomorrow Gina & I hope everyone has a pleasant and wonderful day, enjoying what our Father has so graciously blessed us with.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful Garden, very evident that you have spent a lot of time on it.....
    Don and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete